Less is certainly more in the case with the MINI Coupé. Since you either couldn’t get through the full 5,000+ word press release, or maybe you just didn’t feel like it, you can get the same info here in a quicker fashion; under 1,000 words fashion.
The MINI Coupé At a glance.
- MINI gives the small car segment another fascinating injection of variety with the presentation of the first two-seater in the brand’s current model range. The MINI Coupé represents the faithful transposition of the brand’s sporting DNA into a cutting-edge vehicle concept with a new interpretation of the super-compact sports car class; unrivalled handling agility and the best performance figures in the model portfolio.
- New expression of the distinctive MINI design with extremely high emotional appeal; unique proportions created by distinctive “helmet roof” design; extraordinarily sporty presence with sharply raked A-pillars; hallmark MINI structuring of body, wrap-around glass areas and superimposed roof; characteristic design principles and exclusive MINI details underline its brand identity.
- First “three-box” MINI with strikingly stepped rear end in the classic style of a gran turismo; sporty, flat coupé silhouette; sits up to 52 millimetres lower than the MINI; new, faithful expression of the hallmark MINI design language; distinctive roof form with optimised aerodynamic properties thanks to integrated roof spoiler; first MINI with an active rear spoiler to optimise airflow at higher speeds; rear spoiler extends automatically at 80 km/h (50 mph); MINI John Cooper Works Coupé with John Cooper Works aerodynamic kit as standard.
- Strict two-seater concept with extended stowage and loading capacity behind the driver and passenger seats; large, variable-use luggage area; large through-loading facility into the passenger compartment; wide and extremely high-opening tailgate makes loading easier.
- Latest generation of four-cylinder engines; most powerful petrol and diesel units in the MINI range; engine technology underpinned by the development expertise of the BMW Group / derived directly from motor sport; MINI John Cooper Works Coupé with 155 kW/211 hp, MINI Cooper S Coupé with 135 kW/184 hp, MINI Cooper Coupé with 90 kW/122 hp, MINI Cooper SD Coupé with 105 kW/143 hp; exceptional efficiency thanks to wide range of standard MINIMALISM technology; six-speed manual gearbox fitted as standard, six-speed automatic optional for MINI Cooper S Coupé, MINI Cooper Coupé and MINI Cooper SD Coupé.
- A chassis set-up, weight balance and body structure geared squarely to providing unbeatable driving fun gives the car’s go-kart feeling unrivalled depth; Electric Power Steering and DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) as standard, DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) with EDLC (Electronic Differential Lock Control) optional (standard on MINI John Cooper Works Coupé); innovative pedestrian protection systems and measures to enhance body rigidity shift the car’s weight balance slightly further forward, giving the front-wheel-drive MINI Coupé optimised traction; agility and safety boosted by increase in torsional rigidity using carefully targeted, model-specific strengthening elements.
- Interior design clearly emphasising two-seat layout; oval recesses in the roof liner provide extra headroom for the driver and front passenger; sports seats fitted as standard (MINI Cooper S Coupé, MINI Cooper SD Coupé, MINI John Cooper Works Coupé); two-piece luggage compartment cover in striking, three-dimensional design.
- Exclusive colour and materials concept; roof in contrasting colour as standard; new interpretation of the optional Sport stripes in the same contrasting colour on the bonnet, boot lid and rear apron, and in body colour on the roof; anthracite roof liner as standard; new upholstery variants, exterior mirror colours, trim strips and Colour Lines offer additional scope for customisation.
- High-quality standard equipment and innovative options underlining the premium character typical of the brand yet unique in the segment; speed-sensitive power steering, electrically adjustable exterior mirrors, Park Distance Control, height-adjustable seats, air conditioning (MINI Cooper S Coupé, MINI Cooper SD Coupé, MINI John Cooper Works Coupé) and an audio system with MP3-compatible CD player and AUX IN connection as standard; optional equipment includes black headlight housing, xenon headlights, Adaptive Headlights, Comfort Access, automatic climate control, automatically dimming rear-view mirror and exterior mirrors, storage package, preparation for a rear luggage carrier rack, the John Cooper Works Pack and exclusive options from the MINI Yours range; a variety of entertainment and communications functions unparalleled in the segment: Harman Kardon Hi-Fi loudspeaker system, Bluetooth mobile phone preparation, USB audio interface; innovative MINI Connected functions – including web radio, Google local search and Google Send to Car services, reception of RSS news feeds, plus in-car use of Facebook and Twitter – available in conjunction with the MINI Visual Boost radio or MINI navigation system.
MINI John Cooper Works Coupé: Four-cylinder petrol engine with twin-scroll turbocharger and direct injection, plus numerous technological details carried over directly from motor sport.
Displacement: 1,598 cc,
output: 155 kW/211 hp at 6,000 rpm,
max. torque: 260 Nm/192 lb-ft at 2,000 – 5,100 rpm
(280 Nm/207 lb-ft with overboost at 1,700 – 4,500 rpm).
Acceleration: 0–100 km/h (62 mph): 6.4 seconds,
top speed: 240 km/h (149 mph).
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 7.1 litres per
100 kilometres (39.8 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions: 165 g/km.
MINI Cooper S Coupé: Four-cylinder petrol engine with twin-scroll turbocharger, direct injection and fully variable valve management based on the BMW Group’s VALVETRONIC technology.
Displacement: 1,598 cc,
output: 135 kW/184 hp at 5,500 rpm,
max. torque: 240 Nm/177 lb-ft at 1,600 – 5,000 rpm
(260 Nm/192 lb-ft with overboost at 1,700 – 4,500 rpm).
Acceleration: 0–100 km/h (62 mph): 6.9 seconds,
top speed: 230 km/h (143 mph).
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 5.8 litres per
100 kilometres (48.7 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions: 136 g/km.
MINI Cooper Coupé: Four-cylinder petrol engine with fully variable valve management based on the BMW Group’s VALVETRONIC technology.
Displacement: 1,598 cc,
output: 90 kW/122 hp at 6,000 rpm,
max. torque: 160 Nm/118 lb-ft at 4,250 rpm,
Acceleration: 0–100 km/h (62 mph): 9.0 seconds,
top speed: 204 km/h (127 mph),
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 5.4 litres per
100 kilometres (52.3 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions: 127 g/km.
MINI Cooper SD Coupé: Four-cylinder turbodiesel with aluminium crankcase, common-rail injection and variable turbine geometry.
Displacement: 1,995 cc,
output: 105 kW/143 hp at 4,000 rpm,
max. torque: 305 Nm/225 lb-ft at 1,750 – 2,700 rpm.
Acceleration: 0–100 km/h (62 mph): 7.9 seconds,
top speed: 216 km/h (134 mph).
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 4.3 litres per
100 kilometres (65.7 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions: 114 g/km.
Length: 3,734 millimetres (MINI Cooper Coupé: 3,728 millimetres
Width: 1,683 millimetres
Height: 1,384 millimetres (MINI Cooper Coupé: 1,378 millimetres)
Wheelbase: 2,467 millimetres