Do you have a Mustang or any other Ford that you want to have some engine work done to, but you’re not quite sure what you should do, or which crate motor you should buy?
Well look no further, because Ford Racing is now offering you the 2011 Mustang 5.0-liter motor…
How’s 412hp and 390lb-ft of torque sound for a stock motor? Yeah, I’ll agree that it sounds pretty damn good. With the new 2011 Mustang GT hitting 60 mph in the low 4-second range, your car can have similar performance for only $6,995. Now that may seem like a lot to some people who aren’t sure of what most crate motors cost, but considering it produces more stock power than any other Ford Racing motor that isn’t built for a racing series, I’d say that’s worth the price of admission. Granted, you are going to want to pick up the $1,495 worth of Controls Pack, which is basically all of the newer wiring and components for the 2011 GT, but made to make your car work with the new engine properly.
So all in you’re looking at $8,490 worth of brand new, meticulously designed, 4 Valve, Independent Variable Camshaft Timing, Camaro and Challenger smoking motor. I’ll take two!
But seriously, this is a worthwhile investment for anyone building a great Mustang of any sort, or even some other Fords.
5.0-liter Tech Notes:
Ford Racing’s new all-aluminum 5.0L Mustang crate engine is a modern 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to deliver 412+ horsepower @ 6500 rpm and 390 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm (with premium fuel)
* 11.0:1 Compression ratio
* Lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength
* Piston-cooling jets, optimized oil drainback and windage control improve high-rpm performance
* Deep sump oil pan with 8qt capacity
* Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
* 80 mm single bore “drive by wire” throttlebody
* Four-valve-per-cylinder aluminum heads with roller-finger followers reduce friction
* Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
* Vehicle harness and PCM not included
* Use our NEW wiring, PCM and installation kit M-6017-A504V designed for street rod/project car installation.
* Does not include alternator, for alternator kit see M-8600-M50ALT
* 2011 5.0L Mustang engine cover kit available, see M-9680-M50
* Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
* Direct replacement for 2011 Mustangs with engine code BG-397-AA
* Photo and specs may vary. These features apply for engine code BG-397-AA. Engines are this build code or newer while supplies last.
* Engine weight: 444 lbs
Controls Pack Tech Notes:
* NOTE: Installation of this PCM in a 2011 Mustang GT will result in a no-start condition. See “Tip sheets” for more tech tips about E.F.I.For
* Take the complexity and mystery out of wiring a late model 5.0L 4V engine!
* Designed to run the M-6007-M50 5.0L 4 Valve crate engine.
* Includes PCM with Ford Racing calibration
* Includes Electronic Throttle Control accelerator pedal eliminates throttle cable routing problems
* Unique controls pack harness replaces stock body harness and is designed for streetrod installation
* Features OBD-II diagnostic port to assist in vehicle calibration upload and problem diagnosis
* Includes unique downsized power distribution module, Air box, inlet tube, MAF sensor with bolts, and EGO sensors
* PCM with Ford Racing calibration requires return type fuel system, will not work with returnless fuel system
For more information about the 5.0-liter crate motor, check out Ford Racing’s website, or check out the 5.0 Motor and Controls Pack individually.